My pond will turn 10 years old soon and during the last 10 years, I have used a total of 3 Tsurumi pump for my koi pond. 2 of the three pumps have since retired from service but third one is still going strong serving my Vortex Filter
I must say that the Tsurumi pump is extremely lasting and as long as you ensure that the pump is submerged all the time, it should last you for 7 or 8 years without any problem, serving you 24 hours a day. The best feature of the Tsurumi is its low power consumption of only 150watt and that ensure low power bill even running two pump at the same time. The original pump installed by my pond contractor was the DAB pump with 375watt rating and I soon replaced that with Tsurumi pump.
Quick facts om Tsurumi pump :-
The most dependable, longest lasting pumps! Designed for 60,000 hours of
continuous operation – that’s almost seven years without ever shutting off!
- High efficiency, air filled motors – operates at lower temperature which
extends motor life.
- Double mechanical seals – protects against water leakage which shorts out
- Constructed of stainless steel and space-resins for superior strength.
- Less Clogging comes from a vortex designed impeller
- Fits in most skimmer boxes
- Built in Thermal Protection
- 2 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty